Search This Blog

Sunday, December 29, 2013

With Arms Outstretched.

As I try to hold on to that last breath of air, a paralyzing fear rushes through me.
What's on the other side?
I know well enough, but still wonder if my whole life has been in vain.
My final earthly moments fade into my first heavenly ones.

The moment when I return to live with my Heavenly Father-
I imagine we will run like a father and daughter who have been separated for ages.
Before I make it to my Daddy, my Heavenly Mother will beat Him to the hug.
Tears will definitely be shed, and the embrace will last as long as I need it to.
I want to see a look of pride in her face, "That's my little girl."
I don't want to feel guilty in my Father's presence,
or have to worry whether or not He will accept me.
His arms open wide and a quiet whisper, barely audible over squeals of excitement from my family members and friends for my return, can be heard-
"You did it. It was great, wasn't it? But it was so hard. And you did it."

One day this will be you & I,
I know that the thought of seeing my Father in Heaven again makes me smile.
It also motivates me to continue working hard, and not to give up.
Live your life in a way that you can boldly and confidently report back to your Father when the time comes,
Of your faithfulness in trials and each life you touched for good.
He waits with arms outstretched for that embrace,
and despite how far He may seem now-
His love is easily accessible to all who desire comfort and love.
Come Unto Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment