Search This Blog

Monday, May 4, 2015

Small, but Strong.

Today as I sat on my cold floor with my back to the wall, I looked out my window and noticed the first few stars peeking out from behind their hiding spaces in the clouds. I thought about how lovely it would be to shine that brightly and attract the gaze of so many sleepless onlookers.
Here I am sitting alone in a home of 6, a neighborhood of 270, a city of 91,648. In that moment I felt smaller than a cell under a microscope. I might as well have buried a hole in my backyard and climbed to the center of the Earth, for all I was worth.
But tonight as I watched more and more stars emerge from the deep darkness of the heavens after midnight- a sudden, simple, thought dawned on me. 
Why would God take the time to create a complex being like me, just to send me to Earth without purpose? He wouldn't.
It seemed such a plain truth I had overlooked for so long.
God hand-crafted me. He chose the color of my eyes and the sound of my voice. He shaped the fingers that would ache after hours of piano practice and the mind that could never quite grasp Calculus. He gave me flaws, and oh so many of them. But he also promised to work with me to overcome them over the course of an eternity.
So often we look to be accepted by God's other creations, when in fact we already have the acceptance of the creator Himself.  
You are not small, simply because you don't shine brightly in the skies of those around you. 
You are tall, strong, and capable. And you are loved- oh, so loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment